This salad with lentils, feta and apple is a satisfying vegetarian entree to whip together for lunch. To save time, swap in drained canned lentils–just make sure to look for low-sodium and give them a rinse before adding them to the salad.
- 1 ½ cups mixed salad greens
- ½ cup cooked lentils
- 1 apple, cored and sliced, divided
- 1 ½ tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Top greens with lentils, about half the apple slices and the feta. Drizzle with vinegar and oil. Serve with the remaining apple slices on the side.