Lauki or Dudhi is a summer vegetable or summer squash, so it is cooked with a lot during these months.
Dudhi is very easy to digest and has high water content, making it a great vegetable for the elderly.
- 250 g bottle gourd
- 50 gmawa or khoya
- 4 tbspghee
- 1 tspcardamom powder
- 2-3 tbspchopped nuts like almonds and pistachio
- ¾ cupmilk
- Heavy based frying pan or kadai
- Peel the dudhi and grate.
- Heat ghee in heavy bottom kadai or pan and add grated dudhi.
- Keep stirring on medium heat, then add milk.
- Lower the heat and let it cook till the milk dries up. it will take 15-20 minutes. You can see ghee will separate from the dudhi.
- Now add sugar, keep stirring till the mixture thickens.
- Add grated mawa or khoya at this stage, mix very well.
- Keep stirring, add cardamom powder and nuts.
- Once again mix well and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot or cold.