Eggless Tutti Frutti buns are a popular evening snack in many cake shops especially in Iyengar Bakery, Mumbai. The coconut with tutti frutti melt in the mouth making this sweet buns so delicious. Relish with Hot Tea/Coffee. Pls follow the below instructions and if you like the same leave your comments below
- 2 cups Maida (All Purpose Flour) 1 Cup – 250ml
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1 Pinch Salt
- 1.5 tsp Instant Yeast
- 1/3 cup Butter
- ½ Cup Milk Hot Milk + milk for Brushing buns
- 1/2 cup Grated Coconut
- 1/3 cup Tutti Frutti
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1 Pinch Cardamom Powder
- In a mixing bowl, add maida, salt, sugar, instant yeast, butter and give a good mix. Then add the hot milk little by little and knead to a soft and sticky dough. If you are using instant yeast, we can add it directly, if not we have to to activate yeast, add it to warm milk along with some sugar and leave it for few minutes until it becomes frothy and then it can be added to the flour. This is called proofing the yeast. Cover the dough and let it sit in a warm place for 2 hours to risen up nicely.
- Take a bowl, add the coconut, sugar, cardamom, honey and tutti frutti and give a good mix and set it aside.
- Pre-Heat the oven at 350 Deg and keep the oven ready to bake.
- After 2 hours, you can see the dough has risen up so nicely. First give 3-4 punches so that the air gets released. Then knead the dough again for couple of minutes.
- Then take big lemon sized balls out of the dough. Dust and roll each dough ball to small circle. Then place 2 tablespoon of filling in the middle of the rolled dough and gently bring the edges together and seal the filling.
- Once you sealed the bun, gently shape it without breaking the outer skin making sure the filling is completely sealed. Please each of these rolled buns in a baking tray lined with parchment paper greased with butter.
- Brush each bun top with milk and bake for 25-30 minutes until the top turns brown. The baking time may differ 5-10 minutes +/- depending upon the brand of the Oven.We can bake these buns in pressure cooker too. Just add 4 cups of fine sand or salt inside the pressure cooker also place a steaming rack or a bowl upside down so that the baking tray doesn’t touch the bottom of the cooker directly. Heat pressure cooker in high flame for 10 mins, then place the prepared buns in a round tray and keep the tray on a bowl / steam rack and then cover the cooker with a lid without gasket and weight and cook for 25 mins. Open the cooker in the middle, just to check if the buns are cooking properly.
- Take out the baked Eggless Tutti Frutti Buns. Brush each bun top with butter and then transfer it to cooling rack.
- Relish the yummy Eggless Tutti Frutti Buns with Tea/Coffee