19 June, 2021
Bikaneri wheat khichdi
Posted in : Diabetes on by : Simmi Iyer
Being diabetic doesn’t mean that you must give up on good food. Perhaps, eating healthy does not mean eating dull. Here’s a tasty, diabetes-friendly recipe that makes for a wholesome meal.
- Diabetes occurs due to increase in the blood sugar count of body
- A diabetes diet usually includes foods that are low in carbohydrates, fats and calories
- Diabetes is a lifelong condition but can be controlled with a medications along with exercise and a healthy diet
- Whole wheat (1/8 cup)
- Moong dal or split yellow gram (negligible cup)
- Ghee (1/8 tsp)
- Oil (1/8 tsp)
- Jeera or cumin seeds (negligible tsp)
- Hing or asafoetida (negligible tsp)
- Haldi or turmeric powder (negligible tsp)
- Green chillies (1/3 pc, slit)
STEP 1 . Take the overnight soaked wheat and grind it in a mixer without using any water.
STEP 2. Take a pressure cooker and heat it for a minute after putting ghee and oil in it.
STEP 3. Throw in the green chillies, asafoetida and cumin seeds and wait for the seeds to crackle.
STEP 4. While at medium flame, add moong dal and ground wheat in it and saute for a few seconds. 4.
STEP 5. Add water according to the quantity and then add turmeric and salt to it. Mix it well.
STEP 6.Wait for 2 whistles and let the steam escape before you open the lid.
STEP 7. Mix well and serve with curd.