12 February, 2021
Whole Wheat Dates Walnut Cake
Here is an old heirloom recipe of whole wheat dates walnut cake. This kajjur walnut cake is made of atta and dates syrup that makes it super special. It does not use sugar and maida at all. This is my all time favorite cake. It is perfect for the exam time stress binge. Just heat it in the microwave for few minutes and then serve it will hot coffee or tea. Instant pleasure..Lets know more how to make whole wheat dates walnut cake.
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup Date Syrup
- 1/3 cup Oil
- 1/3 cup Milk
- 1/4 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- A pinch of regular salt
- 1 tblsp Dates
- 1 tblsp Walnuts chopped
How to make kajjur walnut cake:
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Prepare the cake tin, grease the tin with oil/butter or line it with parchment paper. Keep aside.
- In a large bowl, sieve all the dry ingredients – whole wheat flour (atta), baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg powder, cinnamon powder and cardamon powder. Keep it aside.
- In a blender, blend together oil and date syrup until light and well mixed.
- Add the eggs which are at room temperature one at a time. And blend. This mixture should get light and airy. If the batter is thick add little milk to bring it to ribbon consistency. Ribbon consistency means that when you drop the batter it should form ribbons on the batter.
- Now add the dry ingredients and blitz the mixture for 30 seconds till everything mixes well.
- Add chopped dates and walnuts. Mix well. Keep aside some for topping later.
- Now pour this batter into the greased pan.
- Spread few chopped dates and walnuts on top.
- Put the cake tin for baking in the pre heated oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 10 minutes in the pan. Invert the pan to remove the cake. Allow it to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Your whole wheat date walnut cake is ready. Enjoy this delicious bake with your tea or coffee or serve warm with a scoop of ice cream.
- This kajjur cake stays fresh and moist for a week. You can prepare it well in advance and use it according to your need.