Onion Tomato Chutney
Onion Tomato Chutney is one of the most common chutney variety most of us make for breakfast! This onion-tomato has the spice and tangy flavor balanced well. The addition of garlic is optional but it adds a nice flavor to the chutney. Relish Onion Tomato chutney with Idli/dosa/uttapam!
- 2 Onion Medium Size
- 1 Tomato Big Size
- 6-8 Red Chili
- 5-6 Garlic cloves
- 1 Gooseberry Size Tamarind
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- Heat a tawa, add oil and when the oil is hot, add red chillies and tamarind and saute them for a minute. Take them in the mixer.
- Add the chopped onions and garlic clovers to the pan along with a pinch of salt and saute them for 2 minutes. Then add chopped tomatoes and saute them for another 5 minutes in medium flame.
- Then switch off the flame and allow them to cool off. Then take the sautéed ingredients to the mixer and add salt and grind it to a nice paste.
- Heat another pan, and add oil. Add the mustard seeds and when the mustard seeds starts to sputter, add curry leaves, and remove from flame.
- Add the tempered ingredients to the ground chutney and mix well.