14 May, 2021
Lavang Lata – Central India Recipe
Posted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
- – 2 cups: White flour
- – 1 cup: Sugar
- – 4 tbsp: Ghee
- – 2 cups: Water
- – Nutmeg powder
- – Elaichi powder
- – Cloves
- – Dry coconut, grated
- – Almonds or cashews or pistas, chopped
- – Raisins
- – Oil for frying
- – In a saucepan, boil sugar with water till you have a two-string sugar syrup. Keep warm on the stove.
- – Make a hard dough with ghee and water. Roll the dough in circles.
- – Fold the three edges in to make a pocket and fill with a random mix of coconut, raisins and nuts and tiny pinches of nutmeg and elaichi.
- – Close the fourth flap and anchor with a clove.
- – Deep fry in oil on low flame.
- – Dip in chashni. And drain.