13 June, 2021
Posted in : Fish/Seafood on by : Simmi Iyer
Named after the city where it originated, this easy fried fish dish is a great appetizer or side dish to complement the main course.
- 3 tablespoons ginger paste
- 3 tablespoons garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- Dash salt, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups Bengal gram flour
- 2 1/4 pounds firm fish such as sole or salmon, cut into medium-thick slices
- Oil, for frying
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, optional, for serving
- 1 lime, cut into wedges, optional
Steps to Make It
- Mix the ginger and garlic pastes, spices, salt, lime juice, and gram flour in a large, shallow dish until it forms a thick paste.
- Gently fold the fish into this paste, making sure to coat each piece well. Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- In a wide, flat pan, heat enough oil to shallow fry the fish till each piece is golden and crisp on both sides.
- Serve hot, arranged in a platter. Squeeze lemon juice over the pieces just before serving. Garnish with lime wedges.