Egg and Bread Pudding is a Continental dessert made with bread, eggs, milk and fresh cream. This moist and creamy pudding is a treat for kids and an ideal dessert recipe that you can prepare when you want to indulge in some good food! Egg and Bread pudding almost tastes like a cake and is a delightful recipe, which can be served with coffee or tea. In fact, it is a great way to use leftover bread. The best thing about this pudding is that you can really be innovative with it. Pour in some condensed milk and cream if you want to accentuate the taste of this pudding. You can alter the taste by adding the chopped nuts of your choice. If you want to give this pudding an exotic touch, serve it in dessert glasses topped with crushed berries and dried fruits, tutti-fruity and wafers. Try out this delightful dessert recipe and impress your family and friends.
- 10 brown bread
- 3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 egg
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 teaspoon custard powder
How to make Egg and Bread Pudding
- Step 1. Cut the bread slices. Cut out the edges of the bread. Crush them with your hands and put them in a bowl. Add luke warm milk, castor sugar, fresh cream, butter, vanilla essence and custard powder. Mix vigorously with a spoon so that no lumps are formed.
- Step 2 .Whisk the eggs. Separate the egg yolk from the white and add the yolk in the mixture. Blend the mixture lightly and keep the egg white separately. You might need a blender for this purpose, or in case you do not have one, use a whipping spoon.
- Step 3. Chop the nuts and berries. At this point you can add some chopped nuts or berries of your choice and mix well. But ensure that the nuts are finely chopped. However, this step is completely optional.
- Step 4 . Bake the dish. Take a baking dish, grease it with butter and pour the mixture into the dish. Place the dish into the oven for 15-20 mins at 180 degree C.
- Step 5 Whisk the egg whites. Meanwhile, beat the egg whites vigorously till stiff peaks are formed.
- Step 6. Add the frothy egg white layer and spread the pudding evenly. Take out the pudding from the oven, put a layer of the egg whites on the pudding. Spread evenly. Now take the dish back to the oven.
- Step 7 . Serve with ice cream, nuts and berries. Bake at 150 degrees for 10-12 minutes or till the egg white layer is golden brown. Cut into pieces, top with ice-cream or fresh whipped cream and serve. You can also serve it topped with nuts or wafers of your choice.