Got a cookies & cream lover in your life? Make them this Oreo cheesecake! Bakes up so creamy, and it’s loaded with tons of crunchy, chocolate-y cookies.
FOR THE OREO COOKIE CRUST
- 24 Oreo Cookies
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE OREO CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 24 ounces (3 8-ounce bricks) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 15 Oreo cookies broken into pieces
FOR THE GARNISHES
- 1/2 cup heavy cream whipped softly with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- about 6 Oreo cookies broken in half
TO MAKE THE OREO COOKIE CRUST:
- Mist an 8-inch diameter by 3-inch high round cake pan with non-stick pray and line with a circle cut from parchment paper.
- Place the cookies in the bowl of a food processor and process until fine.
- Drizzle in the melted butter and toss together until combined.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
TO MAKE THE OREO CHEESECAKE FILLING:
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and cornstarch in a large mixing bowl and mix on medium-low speed until smooth.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition.
- Add the cream and vanilla extract, and stir to combine.
- Fold in the Oreo pieces and transfer the batter to the prepared pan.
- Place the cake pan in a larger baking dish and pour very hot water ¾ of the way up the sides of the pan.
- Bake the cheesecake for 15 minutes, then lower the oven temperature to 300° F and bake for an additional 70-80 minutes, or until the cheesecake is set around the edges but still slightly jiggly toward the center.
- Turn off the oven, leave the door slightly ajar, and allow the cheesecake to cool for one hour.
- Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool completely at room temperature.
- Chill the cheesecake for at least 2 hours in the refrigerator, then flip the cheesecake out of the pan and invert onto a serving plate.
- Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve, then garnish with whipped cream and Oreos.