13 July, 2021
Comments : 1 Posted in : Sweet/Dessert on by : Simmi Iyer
Malai Sandwich is a famous Bengali sweet-dish recipe made from milk, paneer and khoya. This easy dessert recipe is popular during festivals like Durga Puja and Raksha Bandhan.
- 1/2 ml milk
- 3 cup Water
- 10 strand saffron
- 1 gm Citric acid
- 2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon edible food color
- 50 gm khoya
How to make Malai Sandwich
- Step 1. Dissolve citric acid in water and keep aside.
- Step . 2Bring the milk to boil, reduce the flame. Add citric acid solution to boiled milk gradually to get soft paneer. Don’t add everything together.
- Step 3. You will see greenish whey (in case if you don’t see greenish whey and feel that more curdling is required then you may make more solution and add very slowly ). Once the milk is curdled turn off the flame, add 1 cup of cold water in it and keep covered for 15 minutes.
- Step 4. Pour curdled milk into muslin cloth and tie it above the sink for about 15 minutes so that the whey gets drained easily. Gently squeeze the bag. Make sure that all the whey has drained out.
- Step 5. Place chenna (paneer) on a plain working surface and knead with the heal of the hand till the grains disappear and chenna becomes soft and creamy.
- Step 6. Divide the mixture into 15 portions (depending on the size of sandwich you want). Make desired shape.